• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jumping to IT Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was active only on one forum in my whole life - long ago in my gaming era - and never found forum activity to be very useful. Now I questioned it's usefulness again. Real life talk or silence suits me more.

Comment

Originally posted by TRON View Post
      I was active only on one forum in my whole life - long ago in my gaming era - and never found forum activity to be very useful. Now I questioned it's usefulness again. Real life talk or silence suits me more.
      It would suit most on here. Take "normal"(whatever that means) person. Add anonymity.

When asking questions expect a whole load of abuse. And 1 useful response in 10.

CUK can be useful helping to pass time in a boring gig. Reading numpty questions can make one feel very superior - as long as you remember that most of those you feel superior to are cretins.

And without CUK, I would never have found out why it is best to avoid the mango chutney in Indian restaurants.....

BP
      PS - where in the country are you based? The real life meet ups are great fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

BP
        PS - where in the country are you based? The real life meet ups are great fun!
        Be wary of BP he's trying to get you to sponsor his next endurance activity that will nearly kill him.....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Be wary of BP he's trying to get you to sponsor his next endurance activity that will nearly kill him.....
          I got several offers of sponsorship that only apply if I end up killed.

Including some from my ex wives......

Comment

Working...
          X