• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unable to access own profile :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to access own profile :-(

I've recently registered and while I can login and (hopefully) post without any problems I cannot access my profile. When I click 'My Profile' in the menu I get a message saying 'you do not have permission to access this page'.

Can a higher power please take a look and get back to me - thanks :-)

Thanks for signing up to the site! We lock down new user accounts to stop spam and abuse of the system. New users have restricted privileges on the site until they have made a few posts. I have manually upgraded your account now so you should be able to view and edit your profile. Any further problem just send me a private message or use the contact form at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSC View Post
      I've recently registered and while I can login and (hopefully) post without any problems I cannot access my profile. When I click 'My Profile' in the menu I get a message saying 'you do not have permission to access this page'.

Can a higher power please take a look and get back to me - thanks :-)
      You need to have posted at least 3(?) times before the account is fully enabled. These initial posts are also moderated. It stops spammers creating throwaway accounts.

Just make a couple of posts in General about gladiators or radiators and you'll be fine.

EDIT : What Admin said....
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Any particular reason you are so eager to access your profile before posting anything on the forums?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Any particular reason you are so eager to access your profile before posting anything on the forums?

Maybe he wants to put up a signature of "Yes, I have asked my accountant and tried Google"
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Maybe he wants to put up a signature of "Yes, I have asked my accountant and tried Google"
            If he'd done that surely he will have found plenty of posts explaining why he can't do it no?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              If he'd done that surely he will have found plenty of posts explaining why he can't do it no?
              :lol:

I don't know, my accountant hasn't started working yet today so he can't Google it for me.

Comment

Oh, and welcome to CUK, DavidSC!

Comment

Working...
                X