• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Germany under my UK limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Germany under my UK limited company

I need help and advise in using my uk company in Germany. I have an offer of contract with my UK company with a UK based Agency daily rate will be paid in the UK in Pounds but will be working at a client's site in Germany.
    What are the taxes I need to be aware if in Germany and local registration? I intend to keep within 183days rule.

Two things to do first of all..

Firstly, check the link on the right hand side titled 'Contracting Overseas'.

Secondly, go to Google and type in something like 'contracting Germany site:forums.contractoruk.com' . We've had plenty of threads with some very detailed information about Germany.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momolosho View Post
      I need help and advise in using my uk company in Germany. I have an offer of contract with my UK company with a UK based Agency daily rate will be paid in the UK in Pounds but will be working at a client's site in Germany.
      What are the taxes I need to be aware if in Germany and local registration? I intend to keep within 183days rule.
      There is no 183 day rule for us single person entities.

You pay German tax personally and corporately from day one.

Have you searched? Read the stickies? The German Finanzamt make HMRC look like pussycats..

Reckon on roughly 50% deductions.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        There is no 183 day rule for us single person entities.

You pay German tax personally and corporately from day one.

Have you searched? Read the stickies? The German Finanzamt make HMRC look like pussycats..

Reckon on roughly 50% deductions.

This is NOT a single person entity. We have other Director which is UK based. I need to ensue i meet all Tax rules and needs to be legal from day one.

The contract payment will be in Pounds , can I continue to pay my Corporation Tax in the UK and move my personal salary bit to the Germany foor taxation purposes? is that Legal?

Thanks.
        AM

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/oversea...g_germany.html
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 May 2018, 16:43.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momolosho View Post
            This is NOT a single person entity. We have other Director which is UK based. I need to ensue i meet all Tax rules and needs to be legal from day one.

The contract payment will be in Pounds , can I continue to pay my Corporation Tax in the UK and move my personal salary bit to the Germany foor taxation purposes? is that Legal?

Thanks.
            AM
            Don't risk it, pay the tax or bin the contract.

Comment

Working...
            X