• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Hi all

Thanks for accepting me.

I'm looking at moving into contracting as I'm more project focused and prefer to work on something for 6 months or so and then hand it over to BAU.

I'l looking to learn a lot on here.

Cheers

Mark

good luck, ain't we all!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morgraal View Post
      Hi all

Thanks for accepting me.

I'm looking at moving into contracting as I'm more project focused and prefer to work on something for 6 months or so and then hand it over to BAU.

I'l looking to learn a lot on here.

Cheers

Mark
      Welcome and best of luck. What Is your area of expertise?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Welcome and best of luck. What Is your area of expertise?
        Thanks. I've been a data analyst in various fields over the last 11 years. Just brushing up on my SAS and SQL, and intending to get Prince2 qualified by the end of the year. I'm expecting redundancy to come calling, so I'm preparing.

Comment

Thanks. I've been a data analyst in various fields over the last 11 years. Just brushing up on my SAS and SQL, and intending to get Prince2 qualified by the end of the year. I'm expecting redundancy to come calling, so I'm preparing.
          So don't be disappointed if you don't walk into a PM role then, it's very oversubscribed field. Don't ever forget that the main difference between permanent and contractor is the former sells their potential, the latter sells their recent experience. Qualifications come a distant last when short-listing people.

But you won't know if you don't try. Best of luck!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Long time no see

Hi all

After various let-downs from recruiters, I have secured an interview on Friday.

I'm still in my perm role, but I'm hopeful that I'll be successful and start my new adventure.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Hi all

After various let-downs from recruiters, I have secured an interview on Friday.

I'm still in my perm role, but I'm hopeful that I'll be successful and start my new adventure.

Cheers

Mark
              When do they expect you to start and what is your notice period?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                When do they expect you to start and what is your notice period?
                Not heard back yet, but they've said I'll know within the week.

My notice is 4 weeks and they are aware of it, it's not an issue.

Comment

Not heard back yet, but they've said I'll know within the week.

My notice is 4 weeks and they are aware of it, it's not an issue.
                  One piece of advice would be to never believe anything an agent tells you.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    One piece of advice would be to never believe anything an agent tells you.
                    This. 4 weeks is a long time to wait. Budgets can be pulled, projects canned and so on. If there are a number of other people as good as you available immediately you are going to be at a distinct disadvantage on a number of fronts.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X