• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accommodation South Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accommodation South Wales

Good afternoon

Could anyone point me to any contractor accommodation resources for the Llenelli area of South Wales?

I am not familiar with this area and there is a degree of urgency as I will start in little over 1 week.
    I also haven't a car so I need to be in this town or have available busses.

Thankyou

Originally posted by emeus View Post
    Good afternoon

Could anyone point me to any contractor accommodation resources for the Llenelli area of South Wales?

I am not familiar with this area and there is a degree of urgency as I will start in little over 1 week.
    I also haven't a car so I need to be in this town or have available busses.

Thankyou
    Blimey.

You mean Llanelli?

I know of a few decent place in Swansea, notably The Hurstdene, as featured on Cops With Cameras for a drugs bust (didn't find any, I'd already flushed down the loo)

You can't really contract in backwaters without a car, it's absurd.

Comment

Yes but this is a town of certain size no? I think maybe there should be some pensions available for a good price no?

I do not hold a drivers license.

Thankyou.

Comment

Yes but this is a town of certain size no? I think maybe there should be some pensions available for a good price no?

I do not hold a drivers license.

Thankyou.
        Google - quick look suggests 60-90 quid a night, if you can get a room, it's not exactly a hive of activity. I'd look at getting a flat or a house share, otherwise you'll spend the entire weekend looking for for rooms.

Have you really planned this at all?

Comment

I am not currently in great britain and my company will provide accommodation in a rooming house with my fellows but I have an option to find an alternative if I so wish but I am not knowledgeable of this area so some opinions from real uk residents would be helpful so I can have a feel for this place.

Thankyou.

Comment

I am not currently in great britain and my company will provide accommodation in a rooming house with my fellows but I have an option to find an alternative if I so wish but I am not knowledgeable of this area so some opinions from real uk residents would be helpful so I can have a feel for this place.

Thankyou.
            Your use of the word "pensions" made it clear you're not a native! English would be "guesthouse", or possibly "bed and breakfast".

Britain does not have good public transport. If you can't get car, you might well have to rely on taxis.

Google Llenelli Guest Houses
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

OK, I say it, what country are you from, what's the rate and are you allowed to contract in UK if not UK/EU? I can't think of any known contractor places in Carmarthenshire...

Dow you speak Welsh <modsnip>
              Last edited by NotAllThere; 27 May 2018, 16:47. Reason: Not in welcome FAQ. We're nice here.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                OK, I say it, what country are you from, what's the rate and are you allowed to contract in UK if not UK/EU? I can't think of any known contractor places in Carmarthenshire...

Dow you speak Welsh <modsnip>
                Funny man. Or simply another closet racist. And your humour is lost on any but the English anyway

Whether there is work or not depends on what you do. Plenty of heavy industry down there in Wales' tenth biggest town if you bother to look.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

"Pension" for guest house is fairly widespread on the continent. Certainly in use in Germany, but it's also French, so Spanish or Portuguese would be possible. Or a 3rd country foreigner who is working in such a country of course.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Funny man. Or simply another closet racist. And your humour is lost on any but the English anyway

Whether there is work or not depends on what you do. Plenty of heavy industry down there in Wales' tenth biggest town if you bother to look.
                    My mother was Welsh lol!

And has it happens North Wales is where I plan to retire, or semi-retire if I ever do.

I remember wagging off school pretending to be ill and watching Welsh programming on BBC (North West England), it's where I got my interest in languages from, though to be honest Welsh language never gripped me.

Did a stint for a subbed-out consultancy in Carmarthen, lot's a English lads there, we all had to greet on the phone in Welsh, written phonetically on a card, then to English, cos neither end could speak any real Welsh. Carmarthen Country Council, I have no memory of what I was doing there, two week job, for Sun Microsystems as was, all I can remember is the local brew 'Felinfoel' is better known as 'Feeling Foul'.....

Comment

Working...
                    X