• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accommodation South Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    My mother was Welsh lol!

And has it happens North Wales is where I plan to retire, or semi-retire if I ever do.

I remember wagging off school pretending to be ill and watching Welsh programming on BBC (North West England), it's where I got my interest in languages from, though to be honest Welsh language never gripped me.

Did a stint for a subbed-out consultancy in Carmarthen, lot's a English lads there, we all had to greet on the phone in Welsh, written phonetically on a card, then to English, cos neither end could speak any real Welsh. Carmarthen Country Council, I have no memory of what I was doing there, two week job, for Sun Microsystems as was, all I can remember is the local brew 'Felinfoel' is better known as 'Feeling Foul'.....
    Fair enough. Although "Bore Da" ain't too hard to learn. AS you say, it's about th elimit of most Carmarthen locals anyway.

As for Felinfoel, it's way better than Brains. Used to be a damned great sign as you came into Cardiff station, "It's Brains you Want!!". Ermm, no, not if you had any...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Joint Indian / Portuguese nationality - Goano beach boy from Calangute

Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by emeus View Post
        Joint Indian / Portuguese nationality - Goano beach boy from Calangute

Thankyou
        so you really like a vindaloo
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No, sir. A Goan fish curry with coconut is much more enjoyable

Food in Portugal is good too and I hope the same in Wales

Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by emeus View Post
            No, sir. A Goan fish curry with coconut is much more enjoyable

Food in Portugal is good too and I hope the same in Wales

Thankyou
            If you can find food in Wales, anywhere as near as good as Portugal, much less Goa, then please let us know. The preference down there is, shall we say, not sophisticated...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              If you can find food in Wales, anywhere as near as good as Portugal, much less Goa, then please let us know. The preference down there is, shall we say, not sophisticated...
              I actually thought Glamorgan sausage was an actual sausage. I love leeks though.

Comment

Yes but if I can find some beach shacks for some food watching the sunset and the pretty girls I will be stoked

Thankyou

Comment

Emeus,

I'm from South Wales but based further east towards Cardiff.

My advice would be to use http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk, www.booking.com
                  or if you are planning to be there for any length of time www.spareroom.co.uk.

Good Luck.

Comment

Best Western at £80/night ish, Travelodge is £40-45/night.

Have a wander round Trivago and aim higher/lower, etc.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I have found a pension in Kidwelli which isn't too far from Llanelli.

I am spending the weekend with an acquaintance in Tree Herbert. It isn't very nice.

I hope the Llanelli area is a bit more pleasant.

Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                      X