• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sopra Steria - payment question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sopra Steria - payment question

Hello

I have been contacted by Sopra Steria in Glasgow, after replying to an advert looking for a field service IT technician

When I asked about payment of wages, the chap wasn't too clear on how or when this took place

Is there anyone on the forum who has any experience of working with this company and could possibly give me any advice or pointers, please?

I have received the following extract from an email

Many thanks
    Ed

PAYMENT TERMS:

Sopra Steria Recruitment's payment terms are 30 days, Our pay run takes place once every week on a Thursday. Timesheets are submitted on a weekly basis.

You will be paid your first weeks’ timesheet 30 days after approved submission.

Money released to umbrella/limited company is by BACS which means the money usually enters accounts on the following Monday after the pay run. Please speak with your umbrella company about same day payments if you're using one for this contract (more details on umbrella companies below).

Suppose If your start date is 25th June 2018 the payments should go as follows:

· Payment for week ending 29th June 2018 will clear on Monday 30th July 2018

· Payment for week ending 6th July 2018 will clear on Monday 6th August 2018

· Payment for week ending 13th July 2018 will clear in your umbrella/Limited company's account on Monday, 13th August 2018.

· Payment for week ending 20th July 2018 will clear on Monday 20th August 2018 and so on.

Please let me know if that will be fine with you

Surely you have to know how you are operating first? You talk about wages but if you are a contractor as we generally are we don't get paid wages. Are you through a limited or a brolly? You can't be self employed.

What isn't clear about that description? It even gives you day by day examples. Which bit are you struggling with?

You work a week put your timesheet in, you wait 30 days, you get paid.

Not ideal, most people would push for weekly submission and paid the week after but it looks like they don't offer that. It could be worse, you could be on monthly invoicing and wait another month after invoice for your money. Two months without seeing a penny. Not unheard of though.

Steria are big enough not to go bump so risk is reduced. Get IPSE+ membership as that will cover you for a certain amount of losses should you not get paid for time you worked.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edroberts View Post
      PAYMENT TERMS:

Sopra Steria Recruitment's payment terms are 30 days, Our pay run takes place once every week on a Thursday. Timesheets are submitted on a weekly basis.

You will be paid your first weeks’ timesheet 30 days after approved submission.

Money released to umbrella/limited company is by BACS which means the money usually enters accounts on the following Monday after the pay run. Please speak with your umbrella company about same day payments if you're using one for this contract (more details on umbrella companies below).
      If you submit timesheets weekly, then after 30 days you will effectively be paid weekly 30 days in arrears
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        If you submit timesheets weekly, then after 30 days you will effectively be paid weekly 30 days in arrears
        That's how they have worked for as long as I can remember - they did the same when they were Druid, then Xansa, then Steria, and it looks like it's the same under Sopra Steria.
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
        X