Hello World!! Hello World!!
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hello World!!

  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie

    cypher has no reputation


    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default Hello World!!

    Greetings and salutations!!!

    Finally taking the plunge into the big old world of contracting. First gig all lined up and kicking the new year off with a bang.

    Excited, nervous, confused and chomping at the bit to get started tbh..

    Looking forward to tapping up the knowledge on here over the coming days, weeks, months and hopefully years

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    38,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cypher View Post
    Greetings and salutations!!!

    Finally taking the plunge into the big old world of contracting. First gig all lined up and kicking the new year off with a bang.

    Excited, nervous, confused and chomping at the bit to get started tbh..

    Looking forward to tapping up the knowledge on here over the coming days, weeks, months and hopefully years
    Welcome on board. Make sure you read the guides on the right, particularly the newbie ones.

    Don't forget to get your contract checked by a specialist like QDOS, Baur and Cottrell and the like. Read up on IR35. Get your IPSE+ membership..

    And get invoicing!!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    38,877

    Default

    Oh. And have a dig through this thread. Some great advice in there.

    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-business.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    Super poster

    ladymuck - scorchio!

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Get your IPSE+ membership..
    Join now, don't wait until after January

  5. #5

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg - scorchio!

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    20,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cypher View Post
    Greetings and salutations!!!

    Finally taking the plunge into the big old world of contracting. First gig all lined up and kicking the new year off with a bang.

    Excited, nervous, confused and chomping at the bit to get started tbh..

    Looking forward to tapping up the knowledge on here over the coming days, weeks, months and hopefully years
    Welcome. How did you manage the transition? Did you give notice without a gig lined up, find a gig willing to wait or were you out of work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Join now, don't wait until after January
    Are they going bust too?

  7. #7

    Nervous Newbie

    cypher has no reputation


    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Welcome. How did you manage the transition? Did you give notice without a gig lined up, find a gig willing to wait or were you out of work?
    I finished up my last role just over 12 months ago. It was supposed to be a 12 month FTC that became 3 years due to how badly the project had been scoped and managed (not by me). After getting it delivered and pushed out the door I felt that I had earned a career break and went travelling for 8 months.

    Decided while I was away I'd rather work for myself than end up in that situation again. Took 3 months of searching for a role but here I am about to start in January and hoping it all goes to plan!!!

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg - scorchio!

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    20,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cypher View Post
    I finished up my last role just over 12 months ago. It was supposed to be a 12 month FTC that became 3 years due to how badly the project had been scoped and managed (not by me). After getting it delivered and pushed out the door I felt that I had earned a career break and went travelling for 8 months.

    Decided while I was away I'd rather work for myself than end up in that situation again. Took 3 months of searching for a role but here I am about to start in January and hoping it all goes to plan!!!
    Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •