• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new newbie here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new newbie here

Hello all

Im new here. im a senior software consultant and plan to join the contracting world once my garden leave is up. (plenty of time for research). I have been in the game for 22 years as various technical roles and really want to work for myself now.

Looks really good on here so I will be having a good dig around.

As i am new I plan to start with an umbrella until I have had a few contracts under my belt so any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

biggest pain right now is the CV so I will be joined the webinar on the 29th of Jan.

Originally posted by dsp View Post
    Hello all

Im new here. im a senior software consultant and plan to join the contracting world once my garden leave is up. (plenty of time for research). I have been in the game for 22 years as various technical roles and really want to work for myself now.

Looks really good on here so I will be having a good dig around.

As i am new I plan to start with an umbrella until I have had a few contracts under my belt so any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

biggest pain right now is the CV so I will be joined the webinar on the 29th of Jan.
    CV webinar is a good start.

Senior to whom? As a contractor, you're senior, junior, MD and tea boy/girl!

Read the guides on the right and look at the IPSE guide to freelancing to get off to a good start.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X