new newbie here new newbie here
Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: new newbie here

Nervous Newbie

dsp has no reputation

Default new newbie here

Hello all

Im new here. im a senior software consultant and plan to join the contracting world once my garden leave is up. (plenty of time for research). I have been in the game for 22 years as various technical roles and really want to work for myself now.

Looks really good on here so I will be having a good dig around.

As i am new I plan to start with an umbrella until I have had a few contracts under my belt so any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

biggest pain right now is the CV so I will be joined the webinar on the 29th of Jan.

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by dsp View Post
    Hello all

Im new here. im a senior software consultant and plan to join the contracting world once my garden leave is up. (plenty of time for research). I have been in the game for 22 years as various technical roles and really want to work for myself now.

Looks really good on here so I will be having a good dig around.

As i am new I plan to start with an umbrella until I have had a few contracts under my belt so any advice you can share would be greatly appreciated.

biggest pain right now is the CV so I will be joined the webinar on the 29th of Jan.
    CV webinar is a good start.

Senior to whom? As a contractor, you're senior, junior, MD and tea boy/girl!

Read the guides on the right and look at the IPSE guide to freelancing to get off to a good start.

Good luck