• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello & Introducer Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello & Introducer Question

Hello all,

I am new to contracting with a few small contracts under the belt and continually learning.

In the meantime, I have a query that I cannot quite answer and wanted the opinion of some more experienced contractors. I've sent it to contractor questions too. The query is similar but not exact to this however no contracts have been signed: https://www.c ontractoruk.com/forums/accounting-legal/93988-query-another-contractor-charging-you-introducer-fees.html
    [..]
    Rate issues aside (more is obviously better and am annoyed thinking about amount of money going out, but even minus consultancy X, the rate was OK), has anyone ever operated in this manner? Could there potentially be any legal, tax or other implications that I would need to explain down the line? Am I being concerned for nothing?
    Last edited by newbieburst; 18 April 2019, 18:22. Reason: Query resolved, identity removed.

So the consultancy isn't entitled to a penny in the chain of events so why not tell them to get stuffed?

You are dealing directly with the in house agency now so no further contact between you and consultancy?

I can't see how they can hold you anything. They can't and shouldnt be representing gigs they cannot i.e. The consultancy isn't on the PSL so they shouldn't have the fingers in the pie. Taking cuts for hearing about a gig and sticking it on Jobserve is a cheap trick. So just side step them and go straight with the in house agency.

If its really weighing on your consience then bung them 100 quid and say thanks. But I wouldn't.

Or am I missing something here?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 16 April 2019, 17:38.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So what happened in the end?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank you very much northernladuk for your input. You understood correctly, and i thought it was odd. But when you're the only person saying no, in a group of people saying yes, I figured experienced opinion should be sought.

I wasn't 100% sure of the relationship dynamics between consultancy and hiring manager (if i said get stuffed, potentially the role would disappear) so figured I would rather not be involved. I've stepped away from it.
        There are always going to be contracts out there with less drama!

Comment

Working...
        X