Permies don't like me Permies don't like me - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 21

Nervous Newbie

scott72 has no reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Isn't that what you did in your last contract?

I'd forget about it. Ask for feedback, expect none, move on. Just deliver the stuff you've been asked to deliver to the best of your ability and stay out of permie politics as much as possible. You probably aren't doing anything wrong.

I've not got long before I finish up (a matter of weeks) - but I'd love to know what irked the permies so, to see if it was even true

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scott72 View Post
    Here's the strange thing. The place is in the middle of nowhere, effectively. There's no shops within walking distance so you're kind of stuck in the building for lunch. The work's not that great and the code is a complete mess in places.

Despite all that, the company seems to have a decent rep.

I should be happy to take the very decent money I've made so far and run but I keep feeling I come across as an a*se and I'd rather not have this in my next contract.

This PsychoCandy - he's probably very mentally resilient with losing all this work yet keeping on keeping on.

I'm an anxious type and I hate worrying about work. It's weird, I keep feeling I shouldn't upset the permies
    I'm starting to not like you... :

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

I have to say that "sit down and shut up" ishas not been an option in my case, since I'm there to either deliver something (usually something difficult) or change behaviours. But if you aren't in that position, it's a good philosophy - do your job well, quietly and quickly and who cares what the rest think. Like I said, you're not the stuck-in-the-boses-pocket permie loser.
    Blog? What blog...?

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Could be worse. Spare a thought for poor old Psychocandy. No one likes him.
    I do! But then I am odd - I like you too.....

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

There is also the factor to consider, maybe the client wants rid and are using this as an excuse?

You might have served your purpose, you're too expensive in the longer term, you've making the permies look bad which makes them look bad.

There could be a million and one reasons as to why they are not staying, I can't think of a single one as to why you care and are not focusing your efforts on finding the next gig
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I do! But then I am odd - I like you too.....
    We've met your ex-wives, we know you have poor judgment of character
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Haa Haa.. Oh.. Hang on.. What?!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

I Am Legend

I like you which I suppose confirms it. Even if your first words to me when we met were "I didn't think you would turn up".

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I like you which I suppose confirms it. Even if your first words to me when we met were "I didn't think you would turn up".
    Hey, for a while I didn't think you were real, no one could be that ██ ████ ███ █ █

(PS anyone who likes someone like me is certainly not one to be trusted themselves!)

― Marcus Aurelius

I Am Legend

Hey, for a while I didn't think you were real, no one could be that ██ ████ ███ █ █

(PS anyone who likes someone like me is certainly not one to be trusted themselves!)
    Maybe you are confusing online persona with real life? I suppose it does not help that 50% of my posts are lies......