• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies don't like me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Isn't that what you did in your last contract?

I'd forget about it. Ask for feedback, expect none, move on. Just deliver the stuff you've been asked to deliver to the best of your ability and stay out of permie politics as much as possible. You probably aren't doing anything wrong.

I've not got long before I finish up (a matter of weeks) - but I'd love to know what irked the permies so, to see if it was even true

Comment

Originally posted by scott72 View Post
      Here's the strange thing. The place is in the middle of nowhere, effectively. There's no shops within walking distance so you're kind of stuck in the building for lunch. The work's not that great and the code is a complete mess in places.

Despite all that, the company seems to have a decent rep.

I should be happy to take the very decent money I've made so far and run but I keep feeling I come across as an a*se and I'd rather not have this in my next contract.

This PsychoCandy - he's probably very mentally resilient with losing all this work yet keeping on keeping on.

I'm an anxious type and I hate worrying about work. It's weird, I keep feeling I shouldn't upset the permies
      I'm starting to not like you... :

HTH
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have to say that "sit down and shut up" ishas not been an option in my case, since I'm there to either deliver something (usually something difficult) or change behaviours. But if you aren't in that position, it's a good philosophy - do your job well, quietly and quickly and who cares what the rest think. Like I said, you're not the stuck-in-the-boses-pocket permie loser.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Could be worse. Spare a thought for poor old Psychocandy. No one likes him.
          I do! But then I am odd - I like you too.....

Comment

There is also the factor to consider, maybe the client wants rid and are using this as an excuse?

You might have served your purpose, you're too expensive in the longer term, you've making the permies look bad which makes them look bad.

There could be a million and one reasons as to why they are not staying, I can't think of a single one as to why you care and are not focusing your efforts on finding the next gig
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I do! But then I am odd - I like you too.....
              We've met your ex-wives, we know you have poor judgment of character

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Haa Haa.. Oh.. Hang on.. What?!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I like you which I suppose confirms it. Even if your first words to me when we met were "I didn't think you would turn up".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I like you which I suppose confirms it. Even if your first words to me when we met were "I didn't think you would turn up".
                    Hey, for a while I didn't think you were real, no one could be that ██ ████ ███ █ █

(PS anyone who likes someone like me is certainly not one to be trusted themselves!)

Comment

Hey, for a while I didn't think you were real, no one could be that ██ ████ ███ █ █

(PS anyone who likes someone like me is certainly not one to be trusted themselves!)
                      Maybe you are confusing online persona with real life? I suppose it does not help that 50% of my posts are lies......

Comment

Working...
                      X