• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

finding a new contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding a new contract

HI Guys

my contract is finishing next week, normally oi get so much calls for new roles but for some reason at the current time i am not getting any calls for new roles.

My question is how long does it to you guys on average to find a new roles?

and also any tips on how to find a new role?

at current i update my cv and upload this on indeed, jobserve , jobsite and cwjob, normally agency's contact me and i get a new roles within 2 weeks.

thanks for any help

Really depends where you work, your skill set, what gigs you are going for so can't give you a simple answer.

Have a look at the state of the market thread. Some people really struggling on there it seems.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Really depends where you work, your skill set, what gigs you are going for so can't give you a simple answer.

Have a look at the state of the market thread. Some people really struggling on there it seems.
      Thank you

i am a tableau developer

Comment

Originally posted by w1102157 View Post
        Thank you

i am a tableau developer
        That's nice.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank you

i am a tableau developer
          There's work out there for you, but these days you need to hustle for it. Gone are the days when you throw out your CV into the murky waters of jobsites and expect agents to bite.

You need to work LinkedIn these days my friend.

Buff up your profile there, push your Tableau experience and search out people and companies you think maybe using and hiring for it.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            There's work out there for you, but these days you need to hustle for it. Gone are the days when you throw out your CV into the murky waters of jobsites and expect agents to bite.

Buff up your profile there, push your Tableau experience and search out people and companies you think maybe using and hiring for it.
            thank you i will do that now

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I got my last contract through LinkedIn (started in may) 100% agree.

You got to get out there and network, speak to people, rustle those trees and find them roles!

Comment

I’ve never uploaded my CV onto a site. I’ve always picked up the phone if I’ve seen adverts on job sites, also I keep my client base and tame (ish) agents informed when I want them to know.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thank you

i am a tableau developer
                  Lots of places are really into PowerBI. Where I'm working at the moment it's SQL, R script, Power BI. Some legacy stuff is in Access and Excel running off VBA macros and magic. R script looks like witchcraft to me at the moment but it's widely respected for data manipulation and visualisation.

Comment

Working...
                  X