• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Pleasure...
    You can take satisfaction that professional forums are far far better since your became mod. You have probably saved a few suicides.

As for the other 2.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I always thought that was laugh at everyone. Change a few posts to humiliate people. Roll dice to decide punishment for minor offences. And ban anyone who actually causes you to do any work.

Thanks for putting me straight.
      Be fair. I've only banned you when you were asking for it. Quite literally!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Nope. Just doing what moderators do.
        Just out of interest, is there anything a moderator won't do?

I think us newbies need clear boundaries and this is an FAQ board.

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
          Just out of interest, is there anything a moderator won't do?
          Plenty. For example, we won't give a definitive list of what's acceptable and what isn't.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by mb31 View Post
            I think us newbies need clear boundaries and this is an FAQ board.
            This isn’t a school or university or prison.
            It’s an Internet forum for professionals who are/were/would like to be contractors.
            Internet forums are for discussing ideas, learning and helping others.

If you want to have boundaries dictated to you, then contracting isn’t for you. That would come under “direction and control”

Also, in my experience, when someone asks for a list of boundaries it is so that person can constantly push or try to get round them - I.e trolling.

But if you are interested in discussing - not just monologues - and you are prepared to be challenged, to listen and to respond, then you might find this place helpful.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              If you want to have boundaries dictated to you, then contracting isn’t for you. That would come under “direction and control”
              I like your sense of humour WTFH, you could say I'm currently exercising my right of substitution and being up front about it. I don't really have much choice though...

As you know from my PM last week I have fallen into contracting for reasons indirectly related to health issues. That doesn't mean I'm not proficient in my field and I can't add something new to the forum. I probably have a different perspective to most people.

While I maybe wasn't at my best last week, I'm no troll but never lie down and take it if I'm being treated unfairly.

Anyway, I don't wish to ramble and I appreciate your directness.
              Last edited by mb31; 25 November 2019, 20:31.

Comment

Working...
              X