• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dubai offshore rotational work 28/28

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dubai offshore rotational work 28/28

Hi Everyone

I have been approached about a staff position with a oil major out of Dubai ,and the agent has mentioned the salary ,and that it is tax free including flights etc

Silly question time -I have my ltd company still going but if I stay with current oil company contract it ends tomorrow and I have been offered crap PAYE deal, which I have no option but to accept given CONVID19 situ

She mentioned that the salary will be paid in to a UAE bank account.
    So my question is is there any advice on how or if I might progress regarding ltd company and is there a way round the tax payment part (sorry if sounds dodgy )
    Probably sounds like a daft question but hoping someone would put a spin on it

I don't plan to reside in Dubai as have a very young family in Scotland.

Any advice or comments

Regards

Roy

There isn't a contracting environment in UAE like we know it here.

The agent is correct in that you will be paid to a local bank account. You then need to work out how to bring that money into the UK in the most efficient way possible.

A friend of mine worked in UAE for years and I'm not entirely sure how they worked it out. They were resident out there though, which probably simplified things a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by royboy123 View Post
      ...I don't plan to reside in Dubai as have a very young family in Scotland...
      Seek professional advice, but my understanding is that one must be resident outside the UK for a full 12 months in order to benefit from Dubai's "tax free" status. I *think* that full UK tax will be due on the salary that you receive in Dubai.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Given the current difficulty regarding travelling I wonder if you may be better heading there for a year or two..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dubai airport is shut at the moment. Closed for two weeks from 24 March.

Comment

Working...
          X