• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

newbie - outside of IR35 query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie - outside of IR35 query

Hello
    Been made redundant so looking at contract work, have seen a vacancy that says its a 3M contract and that its outside of IR35. Can I use an umbrella company here to handle all taxes due etc?

I contracted over 15 years ago and initially used an umbrella co and then formed my own ltd co as it was more tax efficient, presumably the market has changed since then plus I'm not sure on upcoming IR35 changes and the best way to proceed longer term

I did search the site for this query but couldn't find it, apologies if I've missed it

thanks
    Hunsel

Originally posted by Hunsel View Post
    Hello
    Been made redundant so looking at contract work, have seen a vacancy that says its a 3M contract and that its outside of IR35. Can I use an umbrella company here to handle all taxes due etc?

I contracted over 15 years ago and initially used an umbrella co and then formed my own ltd co as it was more tax efficient, presumably the market has changed since then plus I'm not sure on upcoming IR35 changes and the best way to proceed longer term

I did search the site for this query but couldn't find it, apologies if I've missed it

thanks
    Hunsel
    In answer to your single question.. yes..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Get the gig first and then worry about the borlly or whatever first... There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of very experienced contractors on the bench so you are going to struggle to get a sniff in let alone get the gig. Full focus on getting the gig first.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X