• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I really need Professional Indemnity isurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever needed it? Very difficult to prove these things at the best of times, and I'm not many on here act without any kind of interaction whereby someone else should be overseeing, testing etc...

If you're working for a large company / gov org, aren't doing anything willfully destructive, I personally doubt the need...

And was under the impressions agencies only asked for it, to try and sell you their version (or am I a cynic??)

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
      Has anyone ever needed it? Very difficult to prove these things at the best of times, and I'm not many on here act without any kind of interaction whereby someone else should be overseeing, testing etc...

If you're working for a large company / gov org, aren't doing anything willfully destructive, I personally doubt the need...

And was under the impressions agencies only asked for it, to try and sell you their version (or am I a cynic??)
      I've often needed it, because the contract insisted on it. Bloody agents. If it were on their tab rather than mine, it would be out of the contract PDQ.
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
      X