• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing Agencies Mid Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Agencies Mid Contract

I was wondering if you can change agencies mid purchase order. I have had a few disagreements with them and they have not helped me in anyway, from getting this job on my own (the client put me in touch with agency) and just to general communication with them.

I have spoken to the finance department and HR at my company as well as my old agency from a year back and these have said it can be done but i was just wondering if this would be a hassle as i dont want to piss the client off in anyway.

Any information will be helpful, Thanks

Unde the circumstances I'm not sure what you actually expect the agency to do, all they really can do at this point is factor your invoices for you.

Having said that, if you really want to do it having client co on side makes it easier but you are going to have to find a reason to get out half way through. The only real way is if they have done something that constitutes breech of terms of the contract you have with them. Not being happy with them doesn't count.

It will be easier to do at renwal time, assuming there is one, as the only comeback they have then is any handcuff clause that might be in the contract, these are widely regarded as unenforceable if it ever came to court but you should still take advice.

You wil have to play hardball with the agency to do it, which could be unpleasant, and there is always the risk it will backfire and you will end up getting shafted, but only you can decide how much of a risk it is.

At the end of the day what do you expect to get from another agency that you expect this one to be doing and is it worth the risk and hassle to change?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Do the agency have lots of other contractors on site? If so you might be in luck - the agency wont want to upset the client. But you can never tell!

Personally I would stay where I am until agency does not pay on time. Which is all you really care about. Once that happens they have broken contract and you are free to move.

Comment

I was already under contract with my previous agent, the one i want to go back too. so i understand my old agency have rights to get me back under contract.
        But obviously people will have a better idea than me. The only major problem i am having with the agency is the invoicing and payment of them.

Comment

Originally posted by newkidontheblock View Post
          I was already under contract with my previous agent, the one i want to go back too. so i understand my old agency have rights to get me back under contract.
          But obviously people will have a better idea than me. The only major problem i am having with the agency is the invoicing and payment of them.
          How can the agent give a problem invoicing? Isn't that up to you?

What payment terms are in the contract? What does it say about payment being late?

Comment

The problem is i am leaving away from home, so obviously occuring more costs than usual. they asked me to work a month then at the end of that month it would take 30 days for the invoice to be paid. i tried to come to some arrangment to go on to a fornightly pay which they agreed to but now have gone back and said i have to back to the 30days.

Hope you understand

Comment

Originally posted by newkidontheblock View Post
              The problem is i am leaving away from home, so obviously occuring more costs than usual. they asked me to work a month then at the end of that month it would take 30 days for the invoice to be paid. i tried to come to some arrangment to go on to a fornightly pay which they agreed to but now have gone back and said i have to back to the 30days.

Hope you understand
              You should have put your foot down at the begining and asked them if they had money problems as why can't they pay you x. If they did give you a reply then you would have to say to them I have to inform the client you have solvency issues.

They would have then given you more favourable terms. (You can still try it now.)

Even if they insist on paying you 30 days they would have either allowed you to invoice weekly so eventually you would be paid weekly, or they would have paid you monthly but within a week or two of you invoicing them.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X