Contracting in Sweden Contracting in Sweden
Posts 1 to 3 of 3

Nervous Newbie

shooters1974 has no reputation

Default Contracting in Sweden

Hi

I have a friend who is a Bulgarian national and has just secured a contract role in Sweden. I have done some research for him and as the role will be less that 6 months it looks like he will be able to work through a bulgarian limited company. can anyone confirm this is correct?

Thanks

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

Has he checked it's doable? There are quite a few roles knocking about in Södertalje (South West of Stockholm) For AZ, the outsourcer is HCL and the rates are pathetic, down to €300/day, Sweden and especially Stockholm area hardly the cheapest place to live....

I live on CUK

SueEllen is always on top

The Swedish tax office has information in many languages online including English.

If you search their site you will find out the correct information.

One thing I do know is with Sweden the clock on your 6 months starts ticking on the day you enter Sweden to start the contract. If you go leave the country for a weekend or go on holiday for a week the clock is still ticking. They are very clear on this rule.

The best thing is to try and find a client who is happy for you to work from your home country most of the time and work there a few days a month.

As Stek stated accommodation is very expensive and in/around Stockholm can be hard to find.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR