• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 weeks notice period with Agency/2 week notice period Agency/Client....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If you aren't opted out, then you are entitled to be paid for the work that you did.

In this case, there was no work done, so I can't see that agency regulations are relevant to this situation.

How do the agency regulations have any application here?
    Because it invalidates the contract clause "The contractor must submit an authorised timesheet to be paid; no timesheet=no payment".

Probably the best thing to do is get a contract lawyer to review the actual contract and the circumstances to see what can be done. Without seeing the contract we can only speculate but I suggest there are several possibilities.

1. There is no provision which allows the agency to terminate the contract without notice and the contractor didn't opt out so the agency have to either offer work or pay the notice period and they can't use the excuse that there are no signed timesheets.
    2. There is no provision to terminate the contract without notice and the contractor did opt out and the client won't sign the timesheets for the time not worked so it's possible that they don't have to pay the notice period.
    3. There is a clause to terminate without notice which they can invoke so they don't have to pay the notice period (but then I could never work out why the notice period is there in the first place )

As you can see, I'm an argumentative type of person so I don't tend to take the "give up and do nothing" option lightly.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X