Life Insurance Cover for Contractors
What is Life Insurance?
Life insurance is an essential insurance for Contractors as it can replace the employee death in service benefits that you left behind when you decided to go Freelance. It will pay out a lump sum on your death to clear a mortgage, pay off any outstanding debts, cover funeral expenses and even provide an income to your dependents to replace your earnings.
There are a myriad of different options available so your policy can be tailored to your family’s needs and some policies can even be paid for via your company as a legitimate business expense:
Level term assurance
- Covers you for an agreed period in your life i.e. until your dependent children turn 18 or 21.
- Pays a set lump sum to your dependents that they can then invest to gain an income. It is important to ‘inflation proof’ this policy so that your dependents receive the agreed amount in line with inflationary growth.
- Saves your family from being left with your debts by protecting any outstanding debts such as loans or a mortgage.
Decreasing term assurance
- Pays a lump sum that will be a steadily reducing level depending on when death occurs through the term of the plan.
- Can be used to provide funds to help settle a repayment mortgage if you die as the level of cover will decrease in line with the repayment schedule on the loan.
Family income benefit
- Provides a set monthly or annual income over a pre-determined term so that your family will have help with the bills etc.
- Saves your dependents the hassle of investing a large lump sum and then drawing an income as the policy automatically pays them a monthly income. This can make all the difference in the early days of dealing with your loss.
- The total pay-out will differ according to how far into your policy you are i.e. if you die early on then the overall payment will be larger than if you claim at the end of the policy.
Whole of life policy
- Covers you for the whole of your life and is useful if you don’t want a policy to have an end date.
- The policy can be backed up by investments that build up over the life of the policy to ensure that premiums are kept more manageable as you get older.
- Prices can be competitive if you take the policy out early and with an investment linked plan you have the option to take out a cash lump sum if the plan is cashed in before you die.
- Please note that investment plans can increase and decrease in value throughout the life of the policy.
Why apply through ContractorUK?
ContractorUK recognised the need to offer our members Independent Financial Advice tailored to Contractors and teamed up with CMME over a decade ago to fulfil this need.
- CMME specialise in finding the right insurance to suit your individual needs as a Contractor and aim to provide this essential cover for you at an affordable price.
- The award winning protection team at CMME have been awarded several accolades including best intermediary and young adviser of the year and have helped thousands of Contractors to protect their families.
- The Advisers can recommend a variety of life cover policies which can be used in various ways to suit your needs.
- CMME are Independent Financial Advisers so they are able to search the whole of the market to find the best cover for your needs.
- They only work with insurers that have a good history of paying claims and offer affordable cover for the duration of your time contracting.
Don’t just take our word for it…
Thank you for all your hard work and professionalism, it is very much appreciated.
Alex Hazell, May 2013
I wish all IFA's were as efficient as you!
Heather Harry, May 2013
Excellent, helpful and went above and beyond to assist.
Glenn Roberts, April 2013
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone for all the help and advice you gave.
Faisal Siddiqui, January 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your company for the efficient, polite and professional service you have provided us with right from the beginning of the process and it has been really smooth through to the end. We would definitely like to work with your company again and will highly recommend your services to others.
Lucas Saromi, September 2012
For more detailed information and a quotation based on your needs please fill in the form below.
ContractorUK are not authorised to offer regulated mortgage advice. ContractorUK are introducers to CMME.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
CMME is a trading name of CMME Mortgages and Protection Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA reg. 414798). Registered in England No. 04886692. Registered Office: Albany House, 5 Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2QE. Please be aware that Commercial Mortgages, Overseas Mortgages and some Buy To Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Calls may be recorded for training and security purposes and to improve the quality of our services.