Professional indemnity insurance for IT contractors
For more than a decade Hiscox have offered professional indemnity insurance tailored to the needs of IT contractors. With their specialist knowledge of the IT industry Hiscox's underwriters understand the specific risks you face, and have built a policy that protects you from them.
The Hiscox Professional Indemnity Insurance policy for IT contractors can help protect your business if claims are brought against you by a client because of problems with work you have done for them.
You may need professional indemnity insurance if:
- You provide expertise, skills or advice to clients
- You produce materials that could infringe intellectual property rights
- You have access to client's confidential information
- You offer a professional service and could be challenged on your work.
For more on professional indemnity insurance and the four biggest disputes where it would protect your business click here.
Why choose Hiscox IT contractors professional indemnity insurance?
We have a deep understanding of the IT sector and are passionate about technology (you may have seen us in the Sunday Times as a lead sponsor of the Sunday Time Tech Track 100).
The policy includes cover for:
- Unintentional breach of a contract with a client - in our experience, breach of contract is one of the most common insurance claims in your industry and it's why we cover it as standard
- Negligence or breach of duty of care - making a mistake in your work or giving bad advice
- Infringement of intellectual property rights - for example infringement of copyright or trademark, cyber-squatting violations or any act of passing-off
- Breach of confidence - sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent
- Defamation - making false or damaging claims about a person or organisation
- Civil liability - if a claim occurs because of your business activity for a client and we haven't specifically excluded it, it's covered
Hiscox offers retrospective cover
If you want the peace of mind that your professional indemnity policy will provide cover for similar work undertaken in the past, Hiscox can offer you retrospective cover as well.
What are the benefits of insuring with Hiscox?
- A range of cover levels available - get the protection your business needs
- A tailored policy to suit the needs of IT contractors
- Run-off insurance and the option to hibernate your policy between contracts. For more information click here.
- No admin fees, so you can amend your policy as your business circumstances change
- Choose to pay your premium annually or monthly with interest free Direct Debit
- Apply for a quote online or by phone
- UK based claims team
You can also get a quote by visiting www.hiscox.co.uk/ContractorUK or calling 0800 2800 359.
Business Support Hub
Already a Hiscox customer? Get access to a handpicked range of free or significantly discounted services; legal support & contract reviews provided by Lawbite, employment and HR advisory services, a finance finder using Swoop to raise capital and support via GovGrant to maximise access to any credits or eligible tax relief – all of which is aimed to help your business survive and thrive through this difficult time. Find out more à
Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd. Hiscox Underwriting Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.