IT contracting abroad: when to pay local tax

The question of when to start paying tax locally when working overseas is probably the most frequently-asked question we receive from UK-based IT contractors, writes Matt Walters, of Capital Consulting.

The 183-day rule is often quoted as an answer to this question, but it is rarely understood and often used to justify structures that would not stand up to local scrutiny. This downloadable guide aims to detail some of the questions that we recommend contractors ask before they commit to working overseas and gives some preliminary answers. As with all potentially complex tax matters you should always seek professional advice and disclose your full circumstances, before proceeding.

Download CUK’s 2-minute guide – Contracting abroad: when to pay local tax, by Matt Walters, here.

Wednesday 13th Apr 2011
Printer Friendly, PDF & Email

Sign up to our newsletter

Receive weekly contractor news, advice and updates.

Every sign up will be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon Vouchers.

* indicates required