IT contractor business liability insurance
Public liability insurance
Public liability insurance covers compensation you have to pay a client or member of the public due to accidental injury or property damage. This could be something that happened at your business premises such as a client slipping on a wet floor, or something outside your workplace such as an employee spilling coffee over a client’s computer when visiting their office.
Public liability insurance will provide your business with important protection if you:
- Deal with the public
- Have clients visiting your home office or business premises
- If you or an employee visit your clients’ offices
Employers' liability insurance
As an employer you are responsible for the health and safety of your employees whilst they are at work. If they suffer an accident in the workplace such as tripping over a computer cable, or claim any physical or mental illness brought on by work, they could bring a claim against you for compensation.
It is a legal requirement in the UK if you employ staff, to have a minimum of £5 million of employers’ liability cover.
Why choose Hiscox liability insurance:
- You can choose to purchase Hiscox public and employers’ liability together as a single package
- Covers any person working for you in connection with your business even if they are voluntary help or self employed
- Legal fees are included in the cover, such as the cost of paying a solicitor to defend you in court.
Policies are underwritten by Hiscox Underwriting Ltd on behalf of Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd. Hiscox Underwriting Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.