Starling Business Banking for Contractors
Business banking – but not as you know it. Apply for a free digital business account easily from the Starling app and join nearly half a million UK businesses who have changed the way they bank.
Business Account & Sole Trader Account
Let’s get down to business. Here’s everything you’ll get from your account:
- No monthly fees or UK payment charges
- 24/7 customer support from our Cardiff and Southampton teams
- Instant payment notifications
- Real-time integration with Xero, Quickbooks or FreeAgent
- Spending analytics and receipt capture
- Saving Spaces and Bills Manager for managing your expenditure
- Quick and easy application from your mobile
- Upgrade for £7 a month to Business Toolkit, to save time on bookkeeping, invoicing and tax
- Grow your business overseas with Euro (£2/mth) and USD accounts (£5/mth) and low cost and transparent international transfer fees
We mean business
As part of a regulatory requirement, an independent survey was conducted to ask approximately 1200 customers of each of the 14 largest business current account providers if they would recommend their provider to other small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs*). The results represent the view of customers who took part in the survey.
Your banking and bookkeeping all in one place
Manage your invoices, bills, tax, VAT and more from your bank account, all for just £7 a month with the Business Toolkit.
Create and seamlessly send invoices directly from your desktop, and connect your online banking to your email. When you get paid, just match your invoices in a single click.
Record VAT on your transactions, and set defaults if you’re happy to automate some of it. Connect to HMRC and submit your returns through Making Tax Digital.
The Starling Marketplace offers a range of smart integrations to help you manage your business by connecting your Starling app with your favourite products and services, from your accounting software to your payments platform:
- Save time and personalise your business banking to suit you
- Share your banking data with your accounting software, securely and automatically in real time
- Link your Starling app to leading point-of-sale platforms, Zettle and SumUp. You can receive detailed summaries on your incoming payouts including transactions, fees and VAT
To find out more, click here.
Here is what you will need to open an account:
- A smartphone (and signal)
- Valid photo ID such as a passport or UK driving licence.
- You'll need to be a sole trader or the PSC of a Limited Company (LTD) or Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- About 10 minutes of your time (if you have documents which confirm the nature of your business at hand this will be easier - some examples are available here).
- If you already have a personal account and want to open a business account or sole trader account, simply click on the button in the top right hand corner of the Starling app, select your personal account and then click “Open a new account”. You'll then be prompted to answer some questions about the business you're opening an account for.