• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch Online Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonNorris@Crunch View Post
    Team here is 150+ and growing, vast majority being client-facing Account Managers and Accountants.
    No idea what their exact qualifications are (we're AAT & ACCA approved if that helps), but we have 19 accountants at the moment, running the gamut from apprentice to fully qualified.
    I'd hardly call 19 out of 150 a vast majority - I hope your software is better with numbers...

Comment

We've not had an accountant fight for a while….

Comment

Originally posted by Craig at Nixon Williams View Post
        I'd hardly call 19 out of 150 a vast majority - I hope your software is better with numbers...
        It depends how you 'account' for it.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the responses (although I feel I have started some kind of accountancy war!).

I have to say I love FreeAgent, it does everything I want, its fast, accessible from any device (even windows phone) and can do things like my Self Assesment. I have also used it for the past couple of years, so have a whole host of contacts, invoices, quotes and even integration into my own applications onsite.

So far, I have felt Crunch (the software) to be a little slow, and not as customisable. I will be giving my contact a shout at crunch to see if it is just me being daft. I suppose what I am after is an accountant who is able to tell me the kinds of tax efficencies I have missed. I do the whole 10k salary, dividends, expenses lark, but its the big unknown that would help.
          Kind Regards,

Paul

Comment

I mean in the sense that most accountancy firms use third-party software (FreeAgent / Xero etc.) or slap a pretty interface on a file upload form and call it software (that may or may not be a dig at someone).

There are some differences in terms of back-office operation and availability of data / usability, but from a client's point of view, yes.
            Thanks for the info.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by slice16 View Post
              Wow, thanks for all the responses (although I feel I have started some kind of accountancy war!).

I have to say I love FreeAgent, it does everything I want, its fast, accessible from any device (even windows phone) and can do things like my Self Assesment. I have also used it for the past couple of years, so have a whole host of contacts, invoices, quotes and even integration into my own applications onsite.

So far, I have felt Crunch (the software) to be a little slow, and not as customisable. I will be giving my contact a shout at crunch to see if it is just me being daft. I suppose what I am after is an accountant who is able to tell me the kinds of tax efficencies I have missed. I do the whole 10k salary, dividends, expenses lark, but its the big unknown that would help.
              My 10p worth? I'd forget Crunch (I have no axe to grind) as you are already into free agent and get an accountant with FA expertise. Maslins are fairly well regarded in this respect but there will be others.

Comment

<pedant>19 out of 150 accountants. An unknown number of "client-facing Account Managers" could easily make up the vast majority though</pedant>
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I used Nixon Williams in my last contractor stint and I found their service very good.

I then went permie for the only time in my life (12 months) and decided to go back to contracting.

When going back I came across Crunch. I decided to give it a go as I liked the control through the UI and having an accountant when I needed for support when required.

My only gripe was the account reconciliation is non existent with Barclays but not too difficult to use. I would hope that they get this working with Barclays as they do with other banks.

5 years into using Crunch I would say I'm happy and will continue to use their service.
                  Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Been using them for a year or so. No problems at all. I find the system easy to use and whenever I've had an odd query they always respond same day.

Would definitely recommend.

Comment

As FaQQer kindly pointed out, I said vast majority client facing, not just accountants. We have Account Managers, payroll managers, admins etc. etc.

Originally posted by vadhert
                      I would hope that they get this working with Barclays as they do with other banks.
                      We actually have a pretty good solution for this now (since Barclays refuse to provide statements in a useful format ) - see here - your Account Manager can help you get it set up.

Comment

Working...
                      X