• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 new members have joined NTRT this month.

Comment

Does money held in APN attact interest?

Interest has stopped on my CTD, so it would be a bonus if they pay interest again when it moves over to APN.

Comment

Originally posted by helen7 View Post
        Does money held in APN attact interest?

Interest has stopped on my CTD, so it would be a bonus if they pay interest again when it moves over to APN.
        It is treated like a payment on account. If you ultimately win your tax appeal then HMRC refund the money plus interest. With rates so low it won't be much though.

And, of course, you've got to win first.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          It is treated like a payment on account. If you ultimately win your tax appeal then HMRC refund the money plus interest. With rates so low it won't be much though.

And, of course, you've got to win first.
          A self-financed fight, on top of being out of pocket because of the APNs I would imagine will be a near impossibility for most people. Added to that, I wonder what the chances are of getting costs refunded? HMRC are no doubt hoping that everyone will be crushed without any need to defend their positions. It's a vile piece of legislation, and should have no place in a democracy.

Comment

A never ending, all consuming nightmare, the establishment crushing the little man. Hopefully some news this week will lift our spirits, we fight on !

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
              28 new members have joined NTRT this month.

Thats great news DR, more money in the coffers for the ongoing fight against the monstrous HMRC machine

Comment

APNs

I received the warning letter stating that I would receive APNs in the next 1 to 6 weeks. Six weeks is up, no APNs have appeared. Has anyone else received APNs more than 6 weeks after the warning letter?

Comment

Originally posted by KNIGHTRK
                  Hi, I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news and interrupt the HMRC hate in. But people need to realise that we have lost. The law stands and bills need to be paid. If anyone thinks the law is going to be changed by this or any subsequent Government then they are wrong. I have settled with HMRC. This allows me to put the whole sorry affair behind me. For those who can't afford to pay I feel genuinely sorry for but it's over...we have "lost".
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    What happened to KNIGHTRK's post? lol. Guess he just joined NTRT.

Comment

Originally posted by nevergiveup View Post
                      What happened to KNIGHTRK's post? lol. Guess he just joined NTRT.

He's just started his Friday shift at HMRC ...

Comment

Working...
                      X