• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regarding SC Clearance and conviction... [Legal]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding SC Clearance and conviction... [Legal]

Hi All,

I've been advised to post here rather than General for some advice on my situation. Original Thread:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2119787

To sum up, I am going to be convicted for possession of class A, B and C substances. It's my first offence and I will end up with a record. I have informed the Police of who I am and it has worked in my favour. They also understand I will lose my job as a result of my actions and SC related job.

I'm here to really confirm if it will really be a case of losing my Job? If I am honest, will I still be able to retain my clearance? I start a new role at the end of July, and I am due back at the station in September where I will be charged with a fine and no jail sentence.

I also have to ask, if I do not declare what has happened am I able to keep my job and clearance for the remainder of the SC term (10 years, I've had it for 6)?

Thank you in advance...

The whole point of clearance, at the bottom line, is to establish how open you are to coercion and/or blackmail to reveal state secrets. A bit of a weed not really an issue, a selection including Class As is a little more serious as well as being a criminal offence committed while holding clearance.

Personally I would revoke your clearance immediately, but I'm not your site Security Officer. Talk to them on Monday, you may be lucky but expect not to have a job on Tuesday. Do anything else, including nothing, and you will be in worse trouble.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I hate to agree with Malvolio, but he's right. Expect to be terminated quickly, it's not just a spliff, class A, B and C, you must be insane.

I posted something similar in the thread on General

Comment

Originally posted by soulwaffle View Post
        Hi All,

I've been advised to post here rather than General for some advice on my situation. Original Thread:
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2119787

To sum up, I am going to be convicted for possession of class A, B and C substances. It's my first offence and I will end up with a record. I have informed the Police of who I am and it has worked in my favour. They also understand I will lose my job as a result of my actions and SC related job.

I'm here to really confirm if it will really be a case of losing my Job? If I am honest, will I still be able to retain my clearance? I start a new role at the end of July, and I am due back at the station in September where I will be charged with a fine and no jail sentence.

I also have to ask, if I do not declare what has happened am I able to keep my job and clearance for the remainder of the SC term (10 years, I've had it for 6)?

Thank you in advance...
        As I said before, I doubt it's your first offence, just the first time you have been caught.

If knowing who you are worked in your favour, not only should you lose your clearance but any copper involved should lose his job.

Comment

Thank you for the advice, guys. Much appreciated. I see the outcome of this will be I will lose my job and clearance and end up with a Criminal Record.

Comment

Thank you for the advice, guys. Much appreciated. I see the outcome of this will be I will lose my job and clearance and end up with a Criminal Record.
            It's not guaranteed, but highly likely.

Comment

I've never had SC nor been caught for anything, so I don't know how things might play out for you; but I've had assorted things go belly up on me no end of times, and none of it really matters in the long term. Just carry on with your life and remember that The System isn't your life

And however things turn out: don't fret too much if it's what you see as a bad outcome, and don't get too cocky if it's what you see as a good one

Comment

SC is a privilege, not a right.
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

As you have told the police what you do and who for I am surprised they have not notified your employer under the notifiable occupation scheme.

Comment

Working...
                  X