• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Mann

Has anyone here dealt with Alexander Mann before? Its my first gig with 30 day payment terms so a bit worried about getting paid on time and hopefully no late payments. I didn't know they were self billing and have just found that out - I guess that means less work for me in terms of invoicing. Is a 4 week notice period normal for me and 1 week for them?

There is no normal in terms of notice.

If you don't like the 30 day terms and your client is large ask to be paid sooner or with weekly invoicing. Self billing or not makes no different.

Also check it's 30 calendar days not 30 working days.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We had a post about this not three bleeding days ago. Try searching using the method shown in the FAQ stickies.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been through AM for last year, no issues with payment.

30 days, but weekly invoicing which softens the blow a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Debz View Post
          Has anyone here dealt with Alexander Mann before? Its my first gig with 30 day payment terms so a bit worried about getting paid on time and hopefully no late payments. I didn't know they were self billing and have just found that out - I guess that means less work for me in terms of invoicing. Is a 4 week notice period normal for me and 1 week for them?
          They can't do self-billing unless you specifically agree to it ("self-billing agreement" - VAT rules).

SB is fine until the computer says no.

Comment

I'm with AMS on those terms, they pay on time.

Comment

Shut yer piehole NorthernladUK.

Thats good to know, it is weekly pay but wont get first pay until 30 days from invoicing. Its self billing for all and it states that its self billing in the contract which I don't mind.

Comment

I was migrated to AMS last year on my last gig and never had any real problems with them, bit useless at answering questions (but then the Bank probably didn't help either) but I got paid as expected.

Oh and the 4 weeks notice / 1 week notice seems fairly standard, I was on the same terms with the previous Agency (before we were all forced over to AMS)

Comment

Working...
                X