• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting to have regrets joining Clearsky Accounting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    I wish there is an comparison website like money supermarket for accountants..
    No thanks. It would only lead to more threads like this one.

People need to understand that accountancy isn't a product. It's a service and a personal one at that. Even amongst us contractors there are different needs and expectations. If you can't manage to speak/meet/engage and ask the right questions to find the right provider then you probably shouldn't be running a business.

Comment

Agree with Kenny..
      No chance. This should just commoditise a service which is about much, much more than fees. It'd end up being a race to the bottom and no-one wins those.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        No chance. This should just commoditise a service which is about much, much more than fees. It'd end up being a race to the bottom and no-one wins those.
        +1 My accountant isn't the most expensive or the cheapest but then again neither am I in my profession. It's all about value for money and as long as one gets that one can't complain!

Comment

IIRC there was one a few years back but it descended into something of a farce when people started faking reviews to stay on top.

There are so many bits to accountancy services these days (company formation, contract reviews, PI, payroll, Annual Returns etc. etc. etc.) it'd be totally baffling trying to get a fair comparison anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JonNorris@Crunch View Post
            IIRC there was one a few years back but it descended into something of a farce when people started faking reviews to stay on top.

There are so many bits to accountancy services these days (company formation, contract reviews, PI, payroll, Annual Returns etc. etc. etc.) it'd be totally baffling trying to get a fair comparison anyway.
            Make it a simple checkbox table like when comparing car features.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

290 a month?? This must be a wind up. Id expect a lot more than accounting services.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Make it a simple checkbox table like when comparing car features.
                Correct - We are a small firm and we like to honest and upfront of our fixed fee. We do not treat our clients as commodities so make every effort to meet them personally. If Debz had an idea of average pricing for services offered - I am pretty she would have made a better decision...

Comment

Starting to have regrets joining Clearsky Accounting!

Correct - We are a small firm and we like to honest and upfront of our fixed fee. We do not treat our clients as commodities so make every effort to meet them personally. If Debz had an idea of average pricing for services offered - I am pretty she would have made a better decision...
                  Most firms are clear on their fees. Clearsky among them. There's a price comparison page on their website showing 3 service/fee levels. The OP chose the most expensive. A comparison website would have made no odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Debz View Post
                    Who are you with Waldorf?

I was actually with Parasol for a while and Clearsky is Parasols sister company so I reguarly received constant sales calls to tell me that I was losing money staying umbrella etc etc.
                    I'm with Nixon Williams
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

I paid a lot less than £290 a month for a local firm who provided excellent service, but became too expensive. I ditched them when their fees approached £200 a month.

OK I guess you know by now you're paying too much

Comment

Working...
                      X