• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning for retirement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 'semi-retirement' in the early 40s has been delayed, by a few months anyway

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about this but I guess I shouldn't question the workings of the Universe too much. Every penny helps, and so what, it's only a few more months

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post

As for the ISA can I pay for that direct from the company? Or should I withdraw it then put the money in the ISA?? If I did that, the withdrawal would not be counted as an taxable income?

Thanks again.
      You will have to make the ISA contributions from your personal income after it has been taxed. But once it is in the ISA, there is no income or capital gains tax.

If you really want to retire early the biggest obstacle is your insistence on spending £43k a year. The more you spend, the more you need to save, but the less you are able to save because you are spending so much. I'd consider this an extravagantly high level of spending, not a 'frugal' level.

The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement

Comment

Working...
      X