• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month rule after company merger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattruss1 View Post
    I'd rather seek information elsewhere. I've only been doing this for the last year and all I asked for was to be pointed in the right direction. There is a sea of misinformation out there and forums full of 'I reckon'. It seems more than reasonable to reasonably minded to ask for guidance or a pointer, without it becoming an pointless attack. I'll think twice about approaching a contracting forum and will instead consult my crystal ball and see if that can tell me the right way to places I have yet to understand. Next time, how about you all just ignore things that don't interest you instead of spending time being unpleasant.
    You got the answer, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by mattruss1 View Post
      I'd rather seek information elsewhere. I've only been doing this for the last year and all I asked for was to be pointed in the right direction. There is a sea of misinformation out there and forums full of 'I reckon'. It seems more than reasonable to reasonably minded to ask for guidance or a pointer, without it becoming an pointless attack. I'll think twice about approaching a contracting forum and will instead consult my crystal ball and see if that can tell me the right way to places I have yet to understand. Next time, how about you all just ignore things that don't interest you instead of spending time being unpleasant.
      Unfortunately the law in the legal jurisdictions of the UK is not always black and white, add in UK tax regulations and it's even less straight forward.

In your case your questions were answered 3 times in the thread.

If you are still confused then ask your accountant.

However while they will give you their professional opinion another accountant who you ask the same question to could give you a different answer.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
      X