• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel & Lunch Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel & Lunch Expenses

Afternoon.

I am going to start contracting in April and am yet to hire an accountant but have been doing my fair bit of due diligence on what it takes to me a Director of a Limited Co.

I just wanted some help clarifying the rules coming into force from April.

Essentially, is it still okay for me to claim lunch and travel to and from a non permanent place of work prior to being aware of 2 years of continuous employment at the same location.

Is anything coming into effect next month to change this? People / articles seem to be in disagreement and has led me to believe that it's still all rather opaque.

Thanks for the help.

Unless you are caught by IR35 (inside), the rules for PSC's are not changing from April 2016.

Therefore you can continue to claim your travel and subsistence expenses, based on the 40%/24 month rule.

Comment

I'd think getting your accountant on board is a bit higher up the priority ladder than sorting your T&S out no?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X