• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperately looking for excellent ltd accountants - any advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperately looking for excellent ltd accountants - any advice?

Hi I have joined Brookson 2 month ago, but I am not satisfied with the services. Please can you recommend an accountant you do have an excellent experience with and are fully happy with the services, customer service and professional advice ?
    Any recommendations much appreciated!!

I get a fantastic service from InTouch Accounting. Their online portal and routine communications help me to be very organised. Yes I'll get a referral PM me your details and I'll have someone contact you.

Comment

Originally posted by veve View Post
      Hi I have joined Brookson 2 month ago, but I am not satisfied with the services. Please can you recommend an accountant you do have an excellent experience with and are fully happy with the services, customer service and professional advice ?
      Any recommendations much appreciated!!
      Intouch - give them a ring and if you like what they offer, then mention my forum name to Louisa.

Been with them for years and they've been brilliant throughout.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 April 2016, 14:49.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I believe Darren Upton is starting a tunnel....

Comment

Gorilla Accounting - Mention the forums if you call them.

Been with them a year and am very happy. A couple of them looked after me when I was with SJD so am confident in their ability to deliver.

They also offer freeagent as part of the package which is great.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 6 April 2016, 14:49. Reason: Phone Number Removed
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Go with a FreeAgent-friendly accountant (there are lots), ask questions of them before you sign up, definitely speak to more than one before you commit

Be wary of anyone blatantly recommending you just for their referral bonus

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              I agree - you need to find an accountant that fits with what you want / need / expect.

When I started out, I was torn between local, SJD, Danbro, Uptons(!) and others - I went with the local one for the best fit at the time.

When I changed accountants, I spoke to both InTouch and Nixon Williams, but felt a better fit with InTouch than I did with NW. I've been impressed with them since then - but they may not be what works for everyone, and there may be a better one.

If I wasn't happy with them, I'd be looking elsewhere.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                Go with a FreeAgent-friendly accountant (there are lots), ask questions of them before you sign up, definitely speak to more than one before you commit

On the other hand listen to experienced posters that are actually with the accountants they are recommending. The fact the guys know what they are doing and recommending them must say something even if there is a referral bonus somewhere or not. It's a balance.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

For me it comes down to service from your accountant. Can you phone/meet them to go over things or palmed off with a texting service. You want to know who you are working with and have confidence / reassurance.

I agree with comments re free agent . Been delighted with their service for our clients so far and I am typically a spreadsheet accountant!!

Comment

Any views on Qdos?

Comment

Working...
                    X