• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crunch Experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunch Experience

hi,

I thought to post the issues I faced with crunch so that it will help others decide before they open their account with Crunch.

I have been with them for over one and half year, then one day my DLA account showed a massive amount out of no where, upon inspection it was found that the salary was recorded as PAYE and the accountant moved it to DLA.
    However for all that time with Crunch, the DLA never showed the original amount, and they apologized as this was due to a bug in their software.

Now dealing this with slow support calls and email with Crunch has been a horrible experience, I had to get another accountant to review the account and also had the push for legal advice against Crunch.

The web interface looks posh with nice graphs but be careful as they dont do any bookkeeping and if the the platform has a bug you could land into serious trouble.

I am now switched over to another accountant.

-kaizenkris

I have no public view to make on crunch. But to be honest, that is exactly why I prefer FreeAgent. Unlikely you will be the first to find a bug in that platform, I reckon.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The problem with any forum like this is it’s very easy for the 1% of customers that have issues with a company to come on and post their complaint whereas the vast majority that are happy with the service won’t bother posting. Invariably there’s usually two sides to the story and you only get to see the opinion of the original poster – the company themselves can’t respond as it would be breaching client confidentiality so you never know what information was actually actually given to the accountant, is the post remotely accurate etc.

I could start a thread called “complaints about accountant X” and invariably we’d see similar complaints.

I’ve been using Crunch for years and am extremely happy with the service. You can immediately see payslips after they are generated, the directors loan account will show it’s new balance immediately after the payment run and you can see the accounting transactions that are generated.

Regardless of which accountant people are with everyone should have some idea of what is going on with their payslips / HRMC returns / VAT returns etc throughout the course of the year.

Comment

You're right DD. But given the population using Crunch in house software versus the people using Xero, FreeAgent etc..... Who do you think is more likely, all things being equal, to be the one who finds a previously unknown issue in the software?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've just started with Crunch and while I'm happy with the service I am slightly concerned over their "interpretation" of my accounts using their system.

I'm tempted to have my own version using the SJD spreadsheet, just in case

Comment

I've Been using Crunch for years. Never had a problem or issue.
            Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Been with Crunch for over 3 years.

Interface is very good and simple to operate. Never got me into any bother at all.

If I ever raise an questions with my appointed accountant then they get answered in a prompt manner.

Couldn't praise them enough compared to some of the crap I've been with over the years.

Comment

I have been with them nearly a year and no major moans really apart from they are quite keen on pointing you towards their FAQ section sometimes instead of talking to someone. It annoyed me at the time but that all i have on them and its trivial.

Comment

I've been using crunch since 2010, with no significant issues. I've always found their system easy to use and understand, and on the few occasions their FAQs haven't given me what I'm looking for, they've been quick to respond via email and/or phone.

Comment

Used crunch for 3 years. I'd say it's good to know some basic accounting anyway to double check but I've had no issues and good CS. If you need anything other than a standard software question answering ask for an accountant rather than your business manager to save time! I'd recommend them highly to anyone with a few years ltd company experience under their belt

Comment

Working...
                    X