• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How soon after year-end do you do file company accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year end 31st December. Accounts filed 1st January. I run my accounts via a spreadsheet that gives me real time data on my profit and loss and balance sheet. I normally cross check everything the last week in December before the year end. I use online banking to verify the actual banking figures on the 1st January, and if it all reconciles then it gets filed. If it doesn't reconcile, it gets filed once I find the error, and double check again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      What he means is if you leave a credit balance on your CT account it will accrue interest and this needs to be accounted for as income in your books (DR INTEREST RECEIVED CR CORPORATION TAX I think). If they repay you any overpayment instead then that's just a refund.

It's really no different to interest received for any other account.
      OK thanks - SJD never told me!
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        Inverting slightly: what do you consider an acceptable timeframe once the accountant gets the "stuff"?
        Mine generally turns around the "stuff" (a spreadsheet) into filed accounts within 48hrs. Sometimes I think he's just showing off, like ha this is so easy and that'll be another grand for a day's work please.

Up to 3 weeks would be fine I think, at least it would seem better value ;-).

Comment

Working...
        X