• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TransferWise as my business account?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TransferWise as my business account?

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I didn't find anything when searching.

In April I will be starting as a contractor working off the coast of Germany for a Danish client. I will be paid in EUR - it appears TransferWise will save me money when it comes to receiving and transferring into sterling.

My simple (and probably daft) question is - can I use the TransferWise 'For Business' Borderless account as my main business account?

I'm looking to go with Gorilla Accounting, so I will ask them too, but wanted to hear what CUK had to say.

Thanks in advance,

Bomster
    Last edited by Bomster1; 18 March 2018, 18:47.

Originally posted by Bomster1 View Post
    Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I didn't find anything when searching.

In April I will be starting as a contractor working off the coast of Germany for a Danish client. I will be paid in EUR - it appears TransferWise will save me money when it comes to receiving and transferring into sterling.

My simple (and probably daft) question is - can I use the TransferWise 'For Business' Borderless account as my main business account?

I'm looking to go with Gorilla Accounting, so I will ask them too, but wanted to hear what CUK had to say.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
    Sounds like you'll be taxed in Germany, not sure Gorilla Accounting will be savvy with German Tax and accounting principles, but as they are Bolton-based, they will know their pasties (Carrs).

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Sounds like you'll be taxed in Germany, not sure Gorilla Accounting will be savvy with German Tax and accounting principles, but as they are Bolton-based, they will know their pasties (Carrs).
      Do you think? I was advised I should be clear of tax in Germany. I will be there 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (back in the UK) for around 7 months. I will be living offshore on a vessel during my time out there. Also on the basis that the client is Danish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomster1 View Post
        Do you think? I was advised I should be clear of tax in Germany. I will be there 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (back in the UK) for around 7 months. I will be living offshore on a vessel during my time out there. Also on the basis that the client is Danish.
        Advised by whom - the agency? Has the agency put that in written including a clause that they will pay any tax bill from the German / Danish tax authorities. If not you need proper advice from someone who understands working abroad and its tax consequences for a self employed person.
        Last edited by madame SasGuru; 13 March 2018, 20:33.

Comment

Paging Sue@ipaye.

Comment

Working...
          X