• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

P11D - sustenance and mileage reimbursed from temporary place of work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P11D - sustenance and mileage reimbursed from temporary place of work

Hi, I need to fill in P11D for my Ltd company and I'm having hard time finding a definite answer; could you review my two questions as follows:

1) Throughout the last year I've claimed (as a Director, flat rate VAT and PAYE registered) expenses/sustenance from my company for meals bought (I keep receipts etc) at a client site, which falls under 'temporary place of work' (contracting on a site less than 24 months etc.). I've been paying for those meals with my private debit card and I've been reimbursed for the cost of those meals by my company, by means for bank transfer from company account to my private bank account. Do these reimbursed expenses go into section N (Expenses payments made on behalf of the employee / Travelling and subsistence payments - Cost to you or amount foregone)?

If the meals were paid for my LTD company at my permanent place of work, then they would be taxable benefit, but from what I gather, if it's sustenance reimbursement at a temporary place of work, then it's exempt. But do I put the total value reimbursed on P11D in any box, or do I put £0 ?

2) Mileage of less than 10000 miles (at 45p/mile) to a temporary place of work repaid by my Ltd company to me - just want to double check - since it's less than 10000 miles at 45p, then the cost reimbursed does not go on P11D either (section E), is that correct? Basically I recorded miles for each journey to/from temporary place of work and got reimbursed by the company at miles*45p rate.

I'd, of course, ask my accountant, however I'm my own accountant So far I've been fine without one with using Freeagent, but I need to double check if I've read the guide right.

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by EonsTimE View Post
    Hi, I need to fill in P11D for my Ltd company and I'm having hard time finding a definite answer; could you review my two questions as follows:

1) Throughout the last year I've claimed (as a Director, flat rate VAT and PAYE registered) expenses/sustenance from my company for meals bought (I keep receipts etc) at a client site, which falls under 'temporary place of work' (contracting on a site less than 24 months etc.). I've been paying for those meals with my private debit card and I've been reimbursed for the cost of those meals by my company, by means for bank transfer from company account to my private bank account. Do these reimbursed expenses go into section N (Expenses payments made on behalf of the employee / Travelling and subsistence payments - Cost to you or amount foregone)?

If the meals were paid for my LTD company at my permanent place of work, then they would be taxable benefit, but from what I gather, if it's sustenance reimbursement at a temporary place of work, then it's exempt. But do I put the total value reimbursed on P11D in any box, or do I put £0 ?

2) Mileage of less than 10000 miles (at 45p/mile) to a temporary place of work repaid by my Ltd company to me - just want to double check - since it's less than 10000 miles at 45p, then the cost reimbursed does not go on P11D either (section E), is that correct? Basically I recorded miles for each journey to/from temporary place of work and got reimbursed by the company at miles*45p rate.

I'd, of course, ask my accountant, however I'm my own accountant So far I've been fine without one with using Freeagent, but I need to double check if I've read the guide right.

Thank you in advance.
    First of all, dangerous move not having an accountant.

But re your points above, no report required on P11D for either item.

Comment

Thank you in advance.
      oh, dear. - good luck

Comment

You don't know what you don't know lol. Personally I wouldn't make any decisions based in what we bunch of clowns tell you. I pay someone to make sure this happens properly!

Comment

You can't be looking very hard then. A very simple and quick check on google returns a raft of information on this such as...

https://www.freeagent.com/central/fo...-have-changed/

[QUOTE]What has changed?

2015/16 was the final tax year in which reimbursed expenses had to be included on forms P11D.

For the 2016/17 tax year onwards, any reimbursed expenses that HMRC regards as business expenses, and which therefore attract no extra tax, do not have to be included on the P11Ds at all.

In addition, employees will not have to report reimbursed expenses on their tax returns for the 2016/17 tax year and beyond.
          I'd, of course, ask my accountant, however I'm my own accountant
          Well I'd sack yourself because you're crap.

So far I've been fine without one with using Freeagent, but I need to double check if I've read the guide right.
          Sounds like you haven't to me.

You pay an accountant for basic stuff like this. I suggest you use him.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Well I'd sack yourself because you're crap.

Comment

Nothing to report, no P11D to submit.

Comment

Working...
              X