• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

which firm to use for a Contract Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Hardly obviously. If I named and shamed every company I spent 5 mins on the phone to I wouldn't have enough time to be able to give any high quality, factually correct and well presented advice to posters on here.
    Really? So you are happy to waste your time sitting on the phone listening to muzak from companies that do not want your new business? If you called a plumber and they did not pick up the phone, would you persist or move on to the next one in the yellow pages?
    Back to business!

Comment

Maybe not but I wouldnt be naming and shaming. I'm not a massive fan of doing on here at the best of times but over something so trivial definitely not. Each to their own.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Phelan View Post
        Really? So you are happy to waste your time sitting on the phone listening to muzak from companies that do not want your new business?
        To my mind it's worse when businesses have one number for "sales" which gets answered instantly, and another number for "customer service" which rings and rings, "your call is really important to us".

Comment

Something like that yes.
          Perhaps try AbbeyTax. Not the cheapest but they review the whole contract in detail...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Maybe not but I wouldnt be naming and shaming. I'm not a massive fan of doing on here at the best of times but over something so trivial definitely not. Each to their own.
            Fair enough, just can't stand shoddy customer service myself...
            Back to business!

Comment

what is 'muzak' ? Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
                I've used both QDOS and B&C and value the service they both provide.

Perhaps illustrating the complexities of IR35, as an observation it appears that even the experts cannot agree on an IR35 contract status at times whereby I've had a case of one opining inside IR35, the other outside for the same contract with the same details provided to each. It then becomes a personal judgement call as to whether you are proceed or not.
                With stuff like this it can come down to 'Belt and braces' vs. 'Belt and braces and condom'

Which one's safer - the condom guy? Well yeah, technically, but the first guy is probably pretty safe too.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                  what is 'muzak' ? Serious question.
                  Music without merit or melodies, often played in American lifts to distract you from the tedium of having to stand in a box. Or to put in another way, white noise with chord progressions.

There's an American corporation who invented it and insists on inflicting it on right thinking people.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I find QDOS usually costs me a bit more than £49 - not their fault, it's usually due to agents finally sending through the contract 1 full working day before commencement of the services. So I have to pay for the 1 day service.

Sometimes I've paid the extra to get it done a bit quicker, other times I've delayed the start and put the blame on the agency.

One time, having done a few of these and gotten an idea of QDOS's modus operandi, I did my own.
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X