• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lycamobile - pay as you go - expensable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lycamobile - pay as you go - expensable?

Is anybody using Lycamobile or Lebara for their company mobile?

As there is no contract, do you just pay the monthly top-ups/bundles directly from your company's bank account?
    Last edited by zonkkk; 28 July 2018, 21:32.

Who owns the phone? If it’s a company owned phone I think it would be fine.

The reason you can’t expense a personal contract is due to the pecuniary liability principle (the benefit is YourCo paying for a director’s debts).

However if there’s no contract and the company is simply paying for credit up front for a device it owns then I don’t see how this could apply as there is no debt or personal obligation. I would pay for it directly using the company card.

Edit: see Steve Kesby’s post here, which outlines the legislation and subsequent amendments which mean vouchers (topup credits) provided for the provision of a single mobile phone from a business to an employee are not taxable:

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/any-...-ltd-companies
    Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 28 July 2018, 21:45.

Comment

Working...
    X