• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants - No FREEAGENT OR ACCOUNTANCY SYSTEM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I prefer XERO to freeagent but other than that all the other reasons for using systems like these still stand and are infinitely better than just mailing your stuff to somewhere and hoping they do it right.

Yes that's what you pay them for, but ultimately you are responsible and I'd rather take a little interest in my accounts (actually I take quite a big interest) if I'm going to have to defend them later - HMRC don't generally accept the "it's all my accountants fault" excuse...

Comment

I use KashFlow for all my own invoicing, expenses and VAT returns so am fairly self sufficient. Accountant has accountant access and is there offering advice, YE accounts, SATR and payroll.

The day to day admin is hardly taxing or time consuming - I spend little more than an hour a week on it. You have to wonder how folks manage to do a day job if they can’t keep an active hand in their company numbers.

Comment

I am currently using an umbrella but my LTD is with Inniaccounts.
        They offer this service for an additional price.
        Personally I dont see the point. I get you are busy or want to focus on training etc but if you cant dedicate even 1 day a month to managing your business....go brolly.

Comment

Working...
        X