• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DBS Checks - Banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBS Checks - Banking

Hi, I've just got my first contract role with a Bank in accounting. Received a police caution recently - silly argument escalated, but nothing violent or fraud related etc.

Just wondering if the big banks do Basic or Standard DBS checks..i.e. will a caution show up on my criminal record checks.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by j12 View Post
    Hi, I've just got my first contract role with a Bank in accounting. Received a police caution recently - silly argument escalated, but nothing violent or fraud related etc.

Just wondering if the big banks do Basic or Standard DBS checks..i.e. will a caution show up on my criminal record checks.

Thanks in advance!
    maybe, and maybe.

I've never had to do a DBS for any financial orgs, but I've not worked in a bank so cannot say. I think some do and some don't. Depends on the institution and role.
    If you've already got the contract without being asked for a DBS then they might not want one.

But why not just pay the £25 and get one? Then you'll know the second answer for sure.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks Lance - I could have perhaps been a little clearer.

My contract is subject to DBS checks and credit ratings etc. Credit is fine, but I'm just worried about the DBS side of things. A caution will show up on a Standard DBS check, but not a Basic DBS check. I was wondering if anyone who had been through the process with the big banks knew if they did Basic or Standard checks.

I am pretty sure I can explain the incident/caution if I was asked and it wouldn't be a massive problem but if they only do a Basic check, I'll be worrying about nothing...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by j12 View Post
        Thanks Lance - I could have perhaps been a little clearer.

My contract is subject to DBS checks and credit ratings etc. Credit is fine, but I'm just worried about the DBS side of things. A caution will show up on a Standard DBS check, but not a Basic DBS check. I was wondering if anyone who had been through the process with the big banks knew if they did Basic or Standard checks.

I am pretty sure I can explain the incident/caution if I was asked and it wouldn't be a massive problem but if they only do a Basic check, I'll be worrying about nothing...

Thanks
        I suggest you do the check yourself..... It will turn round in 2 days and cost £25. Then you know what you should tell them in advance.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Some use basic, some use standard. In Scotland it's Disclosure and is either basic or enhanced.

You'd need to ask the agent/outsourced onboarder what they use.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

They are far more worried about secrecy. I would declare then nothing to worry about. As long as it really is minor.

Comment

Working...
            X