• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

claim Entrepreneurs’ Relief in 2017/2018 tax return form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

claim Entrepreneurs’ Relief in 2017/2018 tax return form

Glad to come back so soon after I closed down my Ltd Hope everyone here is well.

A question to accountants or people who claimed ER before. This is for reassurance as I have never done it before and there was not step-by-step guidelines online.

When I claim Entrepreneurs’ Relief on online self assessment form, I have filled in the following 3 fields:

1) Disposed chargeable assets Page: Select Other property, assets and gains and If you are making any claims or elections, select the relevant code:ERL
    2) Losses and Adjustments page: put in total ER amount in Gains qualifying for Entrepreneurs’ Relief - Gains on or after 23 June 2011

Are these all the information I need to fill? Anything missing?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds about right.
    When you get to the tax calculation page does it come out with the liability you'd broadly expect? Ie CGT bit should be 10% of the distribution less ~£11k. If it's significantly different to that, are you happy you understand why (could be a bunch of possible quirks)?

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      Sounds about right.
      When you get to the tax calculation page does it come out with the liability you'd broadly expect? Ie CGT bit should be 10% of the distribution less ~£11k. If it's significantly different to that, are you happy you understand why (could be a bunch of possible quirks)?
      Thanks very much for your reply Maslins. I got dividends and P60 on the return as well. Have not gone to the calculation page yet. I hope they can separate the tax , not just one total amount.

Comment

Working...
      X