• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTD VAT Web Solution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    OK, I'll say it again, a bit louder - if you bank with NatWest or RBS you get FreeAgent for free?
    Isn't it obvious what the answer to that is? You're not a target customer.

It's a study of one but I certainly wouldn't move from Santander to NatWest or RBS to access FreeAgent for free.

I guess the market will dictate the viability of solutions like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by VATme View Post
      I've been developing a web based (software as a service) to the MTD initiative by HMRC, I'm wondering if this approach would suit anybody's requirements for MTD?

Basic functionality so far is account synchronisation, export account to Excel / CSV and export returns to PDF.

If anyone fancies taking it for a whirl (with fake credentials of course) and providing feedback, please let me know.
      I believe there will be more demand on Excel bridging software and accountants are likely to need to connect a spreadsheet at some point with HMRC. For example, whilst most of our VAT registered clients are already using cloud software, the Excel bridging could be useful for clients who switch to using software part way through a VAT period. We have had a client recently in this position so a submission via MTD connected spreadsheet would have been required under the new rules for the VAT period where part of the return data is held outside of the software, the same would apply if a client is transitioning from one software to another part way through a VAT period, so an MTD spreadsheet filing would then be a solution.

Comment

Thanks for that input, very useful. I do plan to implement a Excel plugin to supplement the features of the site.

Comment

Working...
        X