• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor asked to do more hours than permies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is something I always wonder about. I've always chosen to work the same hours as the permies, because I expect the client to have that in mind when working a full day. Sometimes I don't know what that is until I turn up and ask the permies what their working hours are.

Sometimes my contract specifically states day rate based on 8 hours per day. I choose to take that to mean 8 hours including lunch.

It has never been a problem though, I generally come and go as I please and don't take the piss, it's rare for people to pay attention.

If they asked me to work an extra bit each day I would either **** about more so it wouldn't make any difference to my output, or take a longer lunch and work later so it looks like I'm a good team player, or be one of those guys that comes in at 6am and leaves really early so nobody can track my hours.

When it gets this petty it's all about appearances, and I don't give a tulip about playing their stupid games the way they want. I work hard and get my job done, if they want to bugger about I just comply maliciously.

Comment

Working...
    X