• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banking Recommendations (Freeagent compatible) - Tide or others?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asmith View Post
    Seems the problem with Starling is can't have multiple persons of significant control. My LtdCo is 50:50 myslef & spouse, so looks like Starling is a no go for me. Seems that the challenger banks have their pros and cons. Tide accept multiple PSC but no FSCS protection; Starling covered by FSCS but don't accept co-owned companies. So trying to decide whether to accept whatever compromise they bring or stick to traditional high-street known bank. As I said in original post, probably over thinking it.
    FYI - Starling use Companies House 'persons with significant control' data - as you are 50:50 then both of you should be listed there. If for whatever reason only one of you is listed, then (a: that's wrong and you should get it updated !) b: Starling will probably accept you.
    But ... you should then tell Starling of any significant changes, such as the PSC data getting updated

Comment

We've have some clients who are with Starling and they seem impressed by them. I would recommend looking out for any hidden charges as some banks charge per transaction etc.
      www.inniaccounts.co.uk

Comment

Not metro / they are going down

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
        X