• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Shuttle Bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I think you're pulling my leg, but here is the email address:

[email protected]
    sent, and you will see that I'm not pulling your leg. It would be unwise to publish any of the details on these fora.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
      sent, and you will see that I'm not pulling your leg. It would be unwise to publish any of the details on these fora.
      I look forward to reading about it.

Comment

Not an employee from an employment law perspective or from a taxation perspective?
        as I keep saying, no one has taken their case to both the First Tier Tribunal and the ET for the same engagement, let alone received a different judgement. So there is no case law to support the claim that an individual can be an employee for tax purposes but not for employment benefits.

No one has yet challenged me with details of case law to disprove this claim.

Comment

I look forward to posting it in the forum .
          FTFY
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

as I keep saying, no one has taken their case to both the First Tier Tribunal and the ET for the same engagement, let alone received a different judgement. So there is no case law to support the claim that if an individual is an employee for tax purposes they are accordingly employees for employment benefits.

No one has yet challenged me with details of case law to disprove this claim.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              A totally different type of action which has nothing to do with yours, 16 years after yours justifies that your actions??

Jesus wept. Scraping the barrel a bit there aren't you?
              Both cases uphold my opinion that the ET is an effective weapon against IR35 and now CEST.

Read the recent post from Shout99 "a brave man has his day in court"

I set out as a BOS with no ROS, to determine the issues surrounding IR35. I was either self employed, or I was an employee. There would be no other status. I achieved my aim of showing that as a BOS with no ROS, I couldn't be an employee of my client and thus couldn't be subject to IR35. The HMRC abandoned their intended investigation of me under IR35 as a result of this case. And before you ask, I have a letter written to the local inspector from the HMRC area director advising him not to proceed with the investigation. I obtained this under the subject access provisions of the DPA.

So I say again, I was fighting IR35 when others were talking a good campaign. Some critics in another place were still in short pants when I was engaged in my fight.

So, I will never change my opinion, even in the face of further criticisms. So I guess I'll p*ss you off soon enough.

Comment

FTFY
                my contention is that you cannot be an employee for tax purposes and not an employee for employment benefits as there is no case law to support this or the reverse.

Comment

I look forward to reading about it.
                  I would suggest we communicate outside of these fora if there is anything else you wish to know.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    FTFY
                    it shouldn't be done as the poster might expose themselves to legal action given the contents of the document.

Comment

I would suggest we communicate outside of these fora if there is anything else you wish to know.
                      You have my email address.

Comment

Working...
                      X