• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK LTD Company - Client in Geneva Switzerland ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK LTD Company - Client in Geneva Switzerland ?

Hi all,

I'm a 1 man UK ltd company and my turnover is under the VAT threshold.

I will be working for a Swiss client for a few months from my UK office - is there anything that I need to double check with regards to any tax I may need to pay in Switzerland or is it just as simple as me invoicing a UK client? I want to invoice in £ sterling but I may have to invoice in CHF and get paid via Transferwise or similar.

Thanks
    Alex

Originally posted by latwelve View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a 1 man UK ltd company and my turnover is under the VAT threshold.

I will be working for a Swiss client for a few months from my UK office - is there anything that I need to double check with regards to any tax I may need to pay in Switzerland or is it just as simple as me invoicing a UK client? I want to invoice in £ sterling but I may have to invoice in CHF and get paid via Transferwise or similar.

Thanks
    Alex
    As things are aligning, soon you will be grateful if you agreed on a rate in CHF...
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
      As things are aligning, soon you will be grateful if you agreed on a rate in CHF...

I can be paid in either so that wouldn't be an issue as long as I'm clear that I don't have any extra tax or accounting to sort out

Comment

Originally posted by latwelve View Post
        I can be paid in either so that wouldn't be an issue as long as I'm clear that I don't have any extra tax or accounting to sort out
        Can't help with that unfortunately, was just saying, cause now 100CHF are about 85GBP in a few months could be more...
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

You are doing the work in the UK. There is no tax arising in Switzerland. Get paid in CHF. You should not be charging VAT - unless something has changed recently.

I worked for a client in the UK, while based in Switzerland. No tax arose in the UK.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            You are doing the work in the UK. There is no tax arising in Switzerland. Get paid in CHF. You should not be charging VAT - unless something has changed recently.

I worked for a client in the UK, while based in Switzerland. No tax arose in the UK.
            Great thanks nice and simple

Comment

Working...
            X