• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTD Making Tax Digital VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richy View Post
    My accountant doesn't offer this VAT MTD service.
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Could you not argue your accountant is no longer fit for purpose then and it's time to find a new one? It could be a really good move for you if you move to a Freeagent one as well. Might be a lower prices, better service, award winning portal plus MTD VAT. Ticks all boxes rather than staying with someone that isn't offering the full service you need?
    So far, despite promises to the contrary, Dynamo don't offer VAT MTD yet.

I don;t mind having to do it myself but don't tell me that it'll be fixed and then tell me that it's not been done and I have to do it myself!
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post

I don;t mind having to do it myself but don't tell me that it'll be fixed and then tell me that it's not been done and I have to do it myself!
      Do you refer to Dynamo Accounts, they are FreeAgent partners so unlikely that they cannot support MTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
        Do you refer to Dynamo Accounts, they are FreeAgent partners so unlikely that they cannot support MTD.
        I do. They are. They don't.

But they have said not to worry because there won't be penalties in the first year of MTD.

Comment

MTD was pretty much all Darren talked about for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
            MTD was pretty much all Darren talked about for months.
            Darren who?

Comment

Darren who?
              Good question!

Comment

I do. They are. They don't.

But they have said not to worry because there won't be penalties in the first year of MTD.
                But Freeagent handles MTD for you so.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chart Accountancy View Post
                  You may wish to look at this software (it has been developed by a forum member) and it works well, we have tried the software: XLVAT | MTD VAT filer for Excel... and anything else that can export an Excel file

Many thanks! I've saved this link, may go with this solution.

It's amazing, HMRC are creating business opportunities for contractoruk members!

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post
                    But Freeagent handles MTD for you so.....
                    Took a look at Freeagent, but it is not free! £29 per month +VAT, eek...

Comment

Originally posted by richy View Post
                      Took a look at Freeagent, but it is not free! £29 per month +VAT, eek...
                      It is if you pick the right accountant

Oh, and possibly if you bank with RBS but not looked in to that.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X